A. Brief Description or Profile of the Unit
The Agribusiness and Marketing Assistance Service Division of the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries – Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (AMAD – DAF – ARMM) is the youngest division in the department which was only established in the early 2000 and mandated to provide a unified Market Development and Investment Assistance and Promotion services mechanism to the department’s external stakeholders in support to AFMA to enhance agribusiness development and competitiveness in support of market efficiency and the food security agenda of the government.
The division is composed of the following sections, to wit:
- Marketing Assistance and Promotion section
- Industry Support and Development section
- Marketing and Information section
B. Program and Services
- Market Assistance (e.g. market promotion, market matching events, market entrepreneurial capacity and commodity studies and linkages, building (package and labeling) and networking.
- Agribusiness Investment Promotion (e.g. Agri – fairs/Forum/Exhibit/Expo)
- Market Assessment/Bench Marking (e.g. study/research, value chain analysis and study)
- Market Information (e.g. survey on farmgate, wholesale/retail price of Agri– products).
- Market Access (e.g. market related infra established like trading centers, food terminal, livestock “oksyon” market, organic trading post, (OSAC)
C. Operational and Policy Guidelines
It is hereby declared the policy of the state to empower Filipino farmers and fisherfolk through the provision of timely, accurate and responsive business information to the public and related stakeholders.